Installing mulch in your landscape beds every year is a great idea for many reasons. Mulch can be added to your landscaping during any time of the year if you live or own a lake house in Warsaw or Syracuse.
Most people in Warsaw believe that mulch attracts bugs and insects that can damage the home or landscape. That is somewhat true only if the mulch is an inferior product! At WLM, Inc. we use only a shredded hardwood mulch and not left over construction debris that is ground up, dyed and sold as a landscape mulch. Not all mulch is the same so be careful which supplier or contractor you choose for your mulching needs.
How to tell if you have bad mulch:
- mulch floats when it rains
- color fades quickly
- large chunks of wood in the mulch
- trash and other debris in the mulch
Benefits of Mulching Your Warsaw, IN & Syracuse, IN Landscaping:
- Retains soil moisture up to 75% and reduces watering
- Mulch decomposes over time and turns to a compost which feeds the plants
- Makes the landscape look brand new every season
- Reduces weed germination and growth
- Invites desirable insects to your landscape beds
- Reduces heat stress to landscaping plant material
- Allows Warsaw homeowners the ability to plant additional flowers with less effort
Every spring and into summer, our crews are out in the Warsaw, Winona Lake, Syracuse, Leesburg, Ft. Wayne, Columbia City, Culver and North Webster areas installing mulch for our clients. If you need help keeping your landscaping beds cleaned up and mulched, please reach out to our office located in Warsaw, IN.